9 August 2010

Success for the U.S. Agency for International Development!

I am very proud and pleased to have been informed yesterday that a grant proposal to the U.S. Agency for International Development that I helped write for a youth leadership coexistence proposal to be implemented in Israel's mixed cities was awarded $560,000! I can't yet share the details because there is a survey process that has to take place before the contract is signed, but I'm confident that the organization in question will be able to get through that last hurdle. This is the second highest grant that I've been involved in obtaining. Like the European Union grant process, USAID is a very complex application form with an equally complex system of assessment. Like most complex grant processes, this was a team effort with me playing a supporting role, including several instances of working through the night. Nevertheless, when successes like this occur there's a great deal of satisfaction and plenty of room for sharing the credit!

-David Maeir-Epstein

No comments:

Post a Comment