5 January 2016

My experiences on the IsraelGrants Course and Internship

by Suzy Lieberman


As a professional in the non-profit sector for a number of years, I had been been looking for a course in resource development to help me improve my skill set, professional "toolbox" and career options. Last year, when I learned about Israelgrants's Jerusalem course, I signed up right away, sensing that this was just the venue I had been seeking.

The content and presentation of the grant writing and fundraising course by David Maeir-Epstein from IsraelGrants was consistently high quality and engaging. Each session provided an excellent review of the challenges and opportunities in the non-profit world together with practical suggestions.

The course was very well structured and highly inclusive, and not only did I gain a lot of knowledge, I was also inspired to rethink the way I plan and present my work. The course is really applicable to the day-to-day work in the third sector, and extremely worthwhile to anyone interested in this field.

Following this course I spent a couple of wonderful months being mentored by David, working with him and his team as an intern. This exposed me to many ‘real life’ situations, where I was able to put into practice all that I had learned. David was accessible at all times to answer questions, advise on how best to approach a fundraising situation and set me challenging, meaningful projects.

I would recommend the course and the intern program to anyone looking to improve their fundraising and grant writing skills.

Thank you!
May you continue to go from strength to strength,
Suzy

No comments:

Post a Comment