25 July 2011

See what a former intern has to say...

Studying a new career at any age can be challenging. Sitting in a structured setting, listening for hours at a time to an instructor requires a tremendous amount of concentration and commitment. Although it might not be required, reviewing the information at home after class provides a tremendous boost to retaining what was learned and brings a certain amount of clarity to the subject. I probably didn't do enough of this, but it's a good idea anyway.

Having the opportunity to do an internship in an office where the main thrust of activity is grant writing and fund raising has been an additional perk. Spending time in David's office was invaluable. It provided me with many of the basics I will need when I do find a position as a grant writer or fund raiser. The atmosphere was educational and fun. Accessing foundation lists, researching foundation information and editing one-page summaries on non-profit organizations in Israel have kept me in the swing of things and have given me some insightful background which will be useful in the future. I have also sharpened some office computer skills which are always important to have.

Thanks, David, and all the team for all your help.
- Cina Coren

No comments:

Post a Comment